Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Soju Cocktails...



You think you know why I'm leaving.
But you're wrong.

I’m not leaving because you're wrong.

I’m not leaving because you didn't offer me your helmet.

I’m not leaving because you never met me halfway.

Not because you worked too much,
leaving me eating take-out barefoot on my kitchen counter. 
Downing soju cocktails solo. 
Me and Harry Connick Jr. by lonely candlelight.

I’m not leaving because you never called me sugar. 
Not because you never cared about the best part of my day.
Not because you aren’t ready for babies or playing house.

I’m leaving because I love me.

I’m leaving to see what my love looks like 
when it's not crippled down and broken.
Lit by lonely candlelight.

You think I'm leaving because I want to leave.
But you're wrong.

And I'm not leaving because you're wrong.

I’m leaving to love you from afar...
and love me up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment