Thursday, April 7, 2011

Test Of Time...



It was only a test.

Even though we were golden together, I wasn't sure I was made to be your only. So I blamed life's timing and whispered a someday promise, believing that might hold you forever until I could. And every second after you nodded and agreed with me marked another piece of my heart breaking away. 

I saw you a few nights later at sushi with that ridiculously cute girl. There was no need to swallow my sobs; her laughter was the only sound you heard. 

I wish I could have been sure of you. I wish I'd followed my heart just one more time and let my brain close her eyes. It's one of my most profound regrets. Because you were my heart.

But I'm sure now. Dead sure that I want to be that girl sipping saki next to you, stopping your heart with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment