Monday, May 2, 2011

She Radiates...



When I met her, she was dancing in the middle of a drum circle. Venice Beach. Late 90s. She was young but you know she just had It. That charge. That inner blast of light. She wore bells around her ankles and flowers weaved through her hair. So blissfully lost in her own rhythm, yet so perfectly at home, her feet twisting and bouncing in the dance. Her eyes told me she was just a natural; a natural sister, a natural friend, a natural lover. The kind of person who brings shine to everyone she graces with her smile. I knew she had to be my friend. But more.

So I passed her a note with my number on it that said we should do rain dances in the mountains someday. 

We did. Many times.

I don’t know how I got so lucky to be close to her.  But I did.

She brings flowers over in tin cans and creates cards with ripped paper and old photographs. 

She strings rainbow-colored beads, blesses them with flower nectar and wraps them around your wrist.

She stirs fresh food into potions that unlock your spirit into pure creation.

Her heart is open to everyone who enters her space. She listens with her gut and rarely does she have a lot to say, because she believes the most love can be expressed when you truly listen. Just listen.  

Someone like her can’t be captured or contained. She can’t be owned. She is in demand and she chooses her circle wisely, holding only the purest closest to her, to bring strength and faith so she can spread her shine to the greater world. She’s a wildflower; everyone wants to grab on to her stem and bring her home. She is Home.

But she is here to remind us that we all can Be. Like that. Pure love. She is here to remind us that we don’t need her; we only need to show up for ourselves and serve with love like the wind serves the wild bird on its journey.

No more searching, she whispers. We are already home.

1 comment:

  1. How blessed I feel to have found your blogs this morning via pinterest. Insightful prose, formed words, beauty, reflection, wit. Yes, I am home.

    ReplyDelete